One of the hardest aspects of any kind of design or content creation is finding good quality free imagery, so Stockio – a new option for finding free photography and graphics is a very welcomed resource.
“Pro” paid for stock image sites can get expensive fast, so there’s a huge demand for free stock photography and vectors. However what’s been available up until now has been difficult to find and use for various reasons:
- Free images are often low quality
- Free images usually require attribution
- The selection of free images is limited
- Good quality, attribution free images from free sites get too popular and you start seeing the same images everywhere
- Free sites often support themselves with advertising which can be annoying and distracting
- Most sites only offer one type of resource, e.g. just free stock photos, or just free vectors. Searching through lots of different sites when you need more than one type of stock can be time consuming.